Thread: Toggle Mobile
View Single Post
Old
  (#551)
fawinds (Offline)

Default 09-12-2016, 02:27

A question about getting a new replacement SIM. I asked customer service a few months ago and they said that I just need to buy a new SIM and they will transfer to it the number and balance of my current Toggle SIM. Unfortunately they can only transfer the UK number, so I would lose the Spanish and US numbers.

Has anybody been in this situation?

I have some doubts as to whether the CS rep simply read that foreign numbers cannot be ported to the UK SIM, because I cannot understand why they cannot simply point the existing numbers to the new SIM as they do with the UK number.

I'm tempted to try and see what happens as I would like to get one of the new SIMs with 20 IMSIs, but to be honest, the Spanish number is a very easy to remember one and I would not like to lose it.

Curiously enough, does anybody know how do they transfer the call to a foreign number to the UK SIM? I thought they were simply linked to the country's IMSI, but I have realised that when there is an incoming call to any of the foreign numbers my phone shows it as "forwarded call", whereas calls to the main UK number are not. I understand that that this may mean that they simply forward the foreign number to the UK number and the IMSI is only used for roaming purposes but unrelated to the foreign number. Something in this direction may be the fact that, after getting a temporary number and IMSI for France, I let it expire but regardless of not having the French number anymore, when I visited France I received the text with the toggle country rates just because the IMSI was still in my SIM. And in fact, although they say you need a local number to get those rates, I could call and was charged those rates without the French local number.