View Single Post
Old
  (#8)
kuba.g (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 01-02-2013, 02:20

Little report from my trip to Tallinn:

Elisa SIMs indeed very widely distributed (available in all R-KIOSK / ). The sim costs €1 and comes with €1 credit. Mobile internet will not work until you activate the card by making a phone call. I think this might be the problem woody1 had.

Internet costs €1/day, but because of the need for activation the initial credit is not enough - you need to make a phone call for which credit is deducted. Calling the free service menu didn't activate my card (although it should have, according to a person in an Elisa store). Also, checking the available credit with the USSD code is subject to a fee of a few eurocents ( the first time I see something like this on a prepaid sim). Top ups are available from €3, also from the R Kiosks in the form of a scratch card. Speed and coverage are very good. Validity is OK (1 year).

Mobile internet sim cards:
INT: abroadband, NL: Simyo, *bliep, BE: Colruyt Mobile, MEDIONmobile, LUX: Orange, PL: mBank Mobile,
DE: Congstar, MEDIONmobile, IE: Vodafone, CH: OK Mobil, SwissCom, SE: Telia, ES: MásMovil,
GR: Cosmote, IT: TIM, RO: Vodafone, RS: mt:s, BY: Privet, UA: Kievstar, MD: Moldcell

Feel free to consult me about sim cards in the Benelux and Poland.