View Single Post
Old
  (#10)
linguist (Offline)

Default Success! - 22-08-2010, 07:55

I've just come back from Romania. Beautiful country with incredible hiking in the mountains (Retezat, Fagaras, Bucegi).

On my 1st day in the country I bought a 4-Euro SIM that gave me that much worth of voice service at pretty high per-minute rates.

The next day I went into the (only) Vodafone shop in Sinaia. There was a lady there that spoke perfect English and knew exactly what I needed. She sold me a "voice plan" for another 4 Euro that gave me much better rates for voice and SMS, including on the credit I had originally.

She also gave me a 4-Euro DATA PLAN with 500 MB good for 30 days. The setup took about 40 minutes (there was some problem with their severs probably), but finally worked, and worked perfectly!
She said it wouldn't work as a modem but only on the device itself, but she was wrong. For the next 2 weeks I had perfect 3G (HSPA) signal across the country, except for remote areas where they only had GPRS (and not EDGE, strangely). I was online on my HTC Touch Pro and my laptop at all times.