View Single Post
Old
  (#56)
DaveRo (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 03-05-2009, 15:33

Thanks for your help, gmmour. I have set up an account. But I cannot see a way of subscribing to My View 'n' Web on the cosmote internet website.

The option 'prices' (6th down on the left) says (google translate):

For more economical and navigation, you can choose the monthly pass «my view 'n' web», charge 4 € / month for 1 months to enjoy unlimited navigation COSMOTE my view and 40MV navigation in Internet and WAP sites selection your! The navigation to specific sites on the threshold of 40MV, will be charged with 0,0119 € / CG.
The activation of a monthly pass «my view 'n' web» can be done through COSMOTE my view or in the shops COSMOTE. If you activate the first pass at a shop COSMOTE, and you have xanaepiskeftei the COSMOTE my view or is within 15 days of acquaintance, you will have 50% discount.

I suspect this means that it can only be activated through the WAP service itself - not the internet website. (The helpdesk lady would have assumed that I was going to do it that way.)

I may have to try that, but before I do I would like your opinion. I've just put another 9EUR on the phone and I don't want to lose it again!

I could go into a shop - but they might expect me to use the WAP browser on the phone. I've never actually used WAP on the phone. In fact, although it's unlocked it's still branded T-mobile UK and if you start the phone browser it goes to their site. (That's probably what ate the last 9EUR.) I didn't mention before that the CS lady sent me the phone-configuration message, and gave me the PIN, and it didn't work - perhaps because the WAP settings are locked to T-mobile. So I must use my Nokia N810 tethered to the N70 phone - and that's not a WAP browser (it's Firefox or Fennec). So I may be unable to do anything that involves the Cosmote MyView WAP site. Complicated, isn't it

So, your guesses as to what to do next would be appreciated.

Dave
(Poros, Kefalonia)