View Single Post
Old
  (#34)
GadgetKen (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 02-05-2014, 23:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by petkow View Post
Hello everybody. I just thought I would reawaken this oldish thread as my current multi-handset setup used to work perfectly well up until a few days ago when a rather unfortunate incident of a bottle breaking in my bag left one of those phones covered in rather nice brandy and rather dead!

Has anyone got any recent experiences with any half-decent dual-SIM or triple-SIM android phones?
Sorry to hear about the brandy drowning of your phone. Only a waterproof phone like a Sonim would have survived that scenario (there's also some dual sim waterproof phones out there).

Currently using a Blu D230 Rave dual sim handset as my primary phone. H2O(AT&T) in the 3g/gsm slot and Telna in the GSM slot. Works nicely but the screen is only 3 inches and it's a single core processor running an older version of Android. It's getting a bit dated and I need a larger screen, a better camera, more memory capability, and more 3g slots.

Upgrading shortly to a Feiteng H9503 triple sim handset that is being shipped by FedEx from Amazon. Should be in my hands early next week. Slot 1 is a microsim slot with 3g 850/2100 mhz and quad band gsm. Slot 2 is the same specs with a mini sim rather than the micro. Slot 3 is quad band gsm mini-sim only. Has Jellybean 4.2, a dual core processor, ability to take 32 gb micro sd cards, and a five inch screen.

Really wanted 3g in 2 slots so I can run:
1. My Telna(T-Mo USA plus cheap foreign roaming) sim chip in slot one (needs 3g WCDMA in some countries like Canada where no GSM roaming agreements). Decent foreign roaming rates and I like the postpaid billing with no long-term contract to my credit card (no worries about prepaid balances evaporating like some other roaming sim cards that went belly up in the past).
2. H2O/AT&T sim chip in slot two (better chances of completed calls in big US cities on 3G). Nickel a minute calls.
3.And a soon to be activated LycaMobile US/(T-Mobile and limited foreign roaming) sim chip in the third slot. Two cents a minute calls.

Data will be fed in most circumstances by wifi from one of 2 mifi devices (one is AT&T postpaid, and the other is FreedomPop/Sprint free service) or from wifi hotspots. Advantage of this setup is that both of the mifi devices are LTE so it will give a higher speed data connection than the new phone is capable of by itself. As a backup I will program in the APN for the Telna sim chip.

Phones/Wireless Devices: Doogee S90, Isatphone Pro, Amazon Kindle 3G, SkyRoam MiFi device, Karma MiFi device, AT&T Liberate MiFi device
Sim Cards: T-Mobile (Mint), AT&T (Mifi device or Kindle), Koko
Satphone: InMarSat
Broadband US Wireless Data: AT&T postpaid, Sprint (Karma Mobility prepaid)
Broadband International Data: SkyRoam
VOIP: Skype

Last edited by GadgetKen; 03-05-2014 at 00:13..