View Single Post
Old
  (#7)
bbob (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 14-10-2008, 22:45

I have bought an at&t sim on ebay $8, activated it while in europe. When you purchase $25 online you get an extra $10 after 5 days.

On ebay there were lots of t-mobile cards offering 1 month unlimited calling, internet etc.

What made me choose att was there very good coverage throughout the usa. Looking at the t-mobile map there coverage seemed to be very poor. Only in big cities and around that you have good receiption but outside them only close to the big main highways. Last sunday i took a scenic route and had good receiption almost all the way even through some bigger hills and forest area. This was a nice surprise.

When someone calls my att number I also get charged $0.10 per minute for receiving the call unless the caller uses another att cellphone. calls to and from att seem to be free.

I use the card also to call my own did number (us based) and through pbxes.com I setup a callthrough so I can make cheap call to europe.

At the moment i am still in the USA and everything works fine.

So when buying a US sim check first if you have good coverage. If you are staying in a city all the time t-mobile is the cheapest by buying a 1 month valid unlimted sim. When travelling take the att sim.