Thread: Greece GPRS?
View Single Post
Old
  (#9)
Christo Kid (Offline)

Default 20-06-2007, 23:00

Hi there,
Reading your post you sound very knowledgeable, whereas I on the other hand am not and know next to nothing on this topic. I'm coming to Greece June 30 for a month and want to bring my laptop to stay connected with work.
I feel totally lost as what I have to do to get the internet going. I know you explained it in detail above but I was hoping you could answer a few questions and provide any other helpful info.
Do I have to buy a cell phone to connect and if yes what kind do I have to buy? I only plan to go to Greece every 2 years so I don't need a cell with all the bells and whistles but something that will work well. Can I use a house line to connect? I will be in Markopoulo, Porto Rafti and Crete, Hania. Do you know if they have coverage there.
What is Opera mini? I'm not sure if I need it. You mention the cost is 3,49 Euro per month. If I'm using a cell phone line is there air time charge as well. Once again not sure how that works. Do I need to download anything on my computer before I come?
Sorry if these questions sound dumb but I'm just trying to learn as much as I can so I don't bring my laptop all that way for nothing.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.