View Single Post
Old
  (#1)
Sebastian (Offline)
Amateur Member

Thumbs up Positive changes at globalsim.net - 28-07-2009, 14:06

You all remember that period when all IoM numbers ceased to exist, some temporarily, some for good. I decided to keep my globalsim.net +447624 SIM (you can find my review in Global Prepaid Overview sticky thread) in hope for better future, which seemingly just arrived.

After several months of inactivity I blew off the dust from the SIM and gave it a go. It worked. But not only that, my outgoing call has correctly transferred my IoM caller ID, for the first time ever. Their somewhat outdated website still claims caller ID not being present at all. For the sake of completeness, I tried to ring my IoM from my local mobile phone. I've got caller ID even on incoming call. Life's just getting better. And on top of that, SMS delivery reports are now available as well.

The story does not end here. While home in Croatia I've been used to always select T-mobile network because that other operator (VIPnet) did not allow USSD signaling to go through. That situation is no more, I'm not sure who is to credit, but the SIM now works flawlessly on two main operators here.

So thumbs up for globalsim.net!