View Single Post
Old
  (#10)
powerlifter (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 13-10-2013, 16:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by snidely View Post
What could be easier, on your end, than simply using your phone "on the road" just like you do at home?
Stu seemed to mention there is some outfit that will sell? rent? you a foreign number to use that would forward to your home SIM. I am waiting for him to reply to a question about this. Sure would be easier than dealing with prepaid cards - and you just carry your home phone. Your problem would affect very few users. Calling a U.S. number is cheap for most people and they are used to doing it. There is no surcharge for calling a U.S. cell. There is for calling a cell in the caller's home country! The bottom line, the caller could probably call your U.S. number cheaper than calling a cell in his home country.
Of course for business appearances, having a local number might be the way to go. You could still use your TM SIM for outgoing calls, texts, and data (email). Just use your local SIM for incoming. No cost to you!
Well as it happens the only country that Stu Hushed link I could use is the UK. I mainly go to the old soviet block countries. I have a number for the UK which is on my business card. Hushed looks quite expensive once you have the card with monthly fees and calls to inbound and outbound. I will stick with local sims.

[size=1]Prepaid cards, Moldova Tempo, Kyrg Republic BiTel, India Hutch, Bulgaria Mtel, Vodafone, UK. Etisalat. UAE. Afghan Wireless, Afghanistan. Three, UK. T-mobile post-paid.

Phones Gsm Iphone6+