View Single Post
Old
  (#46)
8eaker (Offline)

Default 15-06-2010, 22:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by petkow View Post
You will not be able to get them to deliver to the UK. I am not sure how many genuine sellers there are on ebay, but you may be lucky. Spanish SIM's tend to not be sold on ebay because of the compulsory registration issue. Best is to try and get a MasMovil SIM once when you are here, but the experience of another member on here recently suggested that they are not always easily available.

In terms of coming back again with the same SIM in the future, just remember that on the masMovil SIM you have a minimum obligation to spend 1 euro per month. (This is one of the reasons why personally I prefer the Simyo card that has no minimum spend requirement). On MasMovil, if you do not spend 1 euro in credit, (such as if you are back in the UK), it will just take this from your credit. After your credit gets to zero, you have 90 days to top up the SIM if you want to keep it active, or else it will be blocked for good.

What it boils down to is this. If you are planning on coming back again in 6 months, make sure you have at least 3 euros of credit left before you leave. 1 euro will be charged every month, and after 3 months your credit will go to zero. Once this happens, the clock will start ticking, and you have roughly another 3 months (90 days) to top it up again to reactivate the SIM. During those 3 months you do not need to be paying 1 euro a month (i.e. the account does not go negative).
Thanks for the advice.
The ebay seller states that you have to send a copy of your passport to masmovil in order to register and has been co-operative on my questions, so might be worth a go. Its £12 for a MasMovil SIM with 10 euro credit on it, so not such a big deal if it have to throw it away after my visit - just get another next year!
Can you confirm that the faxing/emailing of a passport scan would be what MasMovil would want to register and that a UK passport would be ok?

Whats the deal with Simyo? They don't expire as they don't have a minimum spend?
Thanks again