View Single Post
Old
  (#3)
ghostrider (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 04-11-2017, 20:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonsh View Post
Hello! I need to purchase prepaid sim card for week tour to Italy. My needs -is 1-2 Gb internet, 100-200 min/sms local. Where to buy near Malpensa airport? Which of sim better- Wind/TIM/Vodafone or MVNO operators? What about international Sim - Estonian (Travelsim/XXsim)or from Germany( travsim.com
)-are they have good coverage in North Italy? Thank you!
I saw this post just now, so I will reply in order to give the correct info to everyone who in the near future needs the same infos.
I would go for the Travelsim (or Lemonsim, Airbalticcard) simply because as soon as the plane touches down, you have a number and a data connection perfectly working. I haven't seen phone shops there and in any case going through the activation process, the minimum top up and the activation sim fee is not worth it. The Estonians actually have lots of data packages and the latter (1 cent per MB into EU) is perfect for people who can have wifi access in the hotel lobby and need small data amounts.
As for the coverage, the Travelsim connects to all 4 networks working here in Italy, automatically choosing the one with the strongest signal in the area.
So, my recommendation is to use one of those very reliable simcards.
The airbalticcard also allows sending of free sms from the website, so you can also receive urgent communications with no hassle.

International roaming sim in portfolio:
Tellink, Lemonsim, Travelsim, Airbalticcard, Mtx Connect.
Slot 1
Ho. Mobile
Slot 2
Tellink Roaming Sim

Abandoned sim cards: Piranha mobile, Ortel Mobile