View Single Post
Old
  (#24)
RTuesday (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 19-01-2006, 04:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by MATHA531
...the Iceland number (O9?) on enlinea and was billed 10?/minute to call from Iceland (no matter where I was roaming) to the United States....
Part of the confusion is caused because the various callback companies show different rates for landlines and mobiles, but 09 in particular is currently mostly charged at landline rates (i.e. a billing error - nice, but may not last).

I thought I'd got the best callback deal to the 09 phone with CBW (11.3c/min) but looks likes enlinea is currently better. However, CBW is charging 09 as a landline, but if they start charging it as a mobile it goes up to 15c (and enlinea goes up to 18c which would put CBW back in the lead).

Globalphone (which was more reliable) charged me 14.7c/min (to UK), the landline rate, but if they charged it as a mobile it would jump to 54c!

So basically the only answer is try a test call and check online billing (and then recheck from time to time in case numbers get reclassified as mobiles!).

Did you manage to make outgoing calls with the 09 phone, or did you have to use a second phone to trigger the callback? Did the 092 "check balance" work anywhere?

Sims: Telcel MX, T-Mobile US, Virgin Mobile UK, Orange UK, Knowroaming
Voip: Localphone UK, Anveo US, Google Voice