View Single Post
Old
  (#7)
ygeffens (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 27-03-2009, 07:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by inquisitor View Post
Solomo pro is also attractive, as they have the same cheap international rates to Belgium as Fonic, but the fact you wanted to buy the SIM "on the spot" hindered me from recommending them to you, as they sell their SIM online only.
My fault. I meant that, when I have to buy it at my place of stay, I want it to work immediatly.
But this offer is great, I ordered it already. It should arrive early next week. This gives me the possibility to setup voip forwarding. I do have a FritzBox (nice device), and I have plenty of local DIDs.

Do you mean, that when I attach my Begian DID to the Solomo Voip account, that I can receive calls on my cellphone (in Germany) at 5ct/m? or is that only on the sip-client? If so, it's not very usefull because I can also attach my DIDs to my own voip-accounts for free.

Anyway, sounds like a good deal, and I think I won't mind the "slower" network.
In Belgium, I'm using BASE as my provider, and they only offer EDGE, so I'm used to the speeds
And EDGE is fast enough to make my Fring client on my iPhone work. I tweaked the iPhone so that Fring also works over EDGE (not only WiFi). So I'll probably be able to make and receive calls for "free" (besides the data-cost for solomo).

I'll write a small report about my findings when I'm back.
Just to be on the safe side, I'll write down some fonic and tchibo addresses to pick-up a sim-card in case solomo is not performing as I expect.

Thanks for all the input to all of you.

Yves

Sim:
Belgium: Proximus Smart+ 15 (+32 496 contract)

Voip:
Weepee-voip.be

Phones:
Apple iPhone 32Gb 5S