View Single Post
Old
  (#1)
TheMadBrewer (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default Bad UM Experience - 14-12-2008, 20:47

I have an original Riiing SIM (+423) and two of the newer +44 SIMS (one for me and one for my father).

I had bookmarked the "recharge" page on UM. It always asks me to logon and they asks me which SIM I want to recharge...

I recently recharged my father's +44 SIM (€25 -- the minimum) and lo and behold when it took me pack to my status page, I saw my father's SIM and been terminated! But it still let me add money to it.

Calling from US and spending my remaining Betamax VOIP credit I finally reached a person and they refused to either reactivate my father's SIM, refund my money or transfer it to one of my other SIMs. After many calls (and much $$$) I finally reached a manager who grudgingly agreed to transfer the credit to one of my other SIMs

I have been a UM customer from the days of Riiing (3-4 years) but when this credit has been expended, no more.

I should also say that before and in between the expensive calls I tried to resolve the issue via email but was basically ignored.

I know that that PrePaidGSM is not a democracy but if it was, I certainly would vote to remove UM form the list of providers in the "sticky"

Whole bunch of SIMs, mostly dead, some still working...