View Single Post
Old
  (#23)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 03-04-2010, 21:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuxoft View Post
a) Can I buy callYa 5/15 SIM card in any Vodafone shop, without being a German citizen, and use it immediately?
Yes, but it would be cheaper to buy a Fonic SIM, since with Vodafone you would need to buy a 7-day-session for € 9.95, while Fonic will charge only € 2.50/day, so for your stay it would only cost € 7.50.
Further with Fonic you can call home to the Czech Republic and to the rest of the EU for just € 0.09/min (landlines) or € 0.29/min (mobiles). Details on Fonic are available at Germany - Fonic - Prepaid Wireless Internet Access
Please be aware, that with Fonic you will need to call customer care and ask them to switch your data tariff to "Tagesflat".

Quote:
b) Does the default callYa price include some amount of credit or not? Can I top up directly in the store, while buying the card?
At least those prepaid SIMs offered online come with € 10 of credit. Of course you can add credit in any Vodafone shop or buy vouchers nearly everywhere. For details see Germany - Vodafone Web Sessions - Prepaid Wireless Internet Access

Quote:
c) Are all INCOMING calls to this SIM free while I use it in Germany?
Incoming calls are always free with European operators, as long as you stay in the country your SIM is from.

terminals: Samsung: Galaxy S5 DuoS (G900FD); BLU: Win HD LTE; Nokia: 1200; Asus: Fonepad 7 ME372CG; Huawei data: E3372, Vodafone R201, K3765, E1762;
postpaid: O2 on Business XL; prepaid: DE: Aldi Talk, Lidl; UK: 3; BG: MTel, vivacom; RU: MTS; RS: MTS; UAE: du Tourist SIM; INT'L: toggle mobile
VoIP: sipgate.de (German DID); sipgate.co.uk (British DID); ukddi.com (British DID); sipcall.ch (Swiss DID); megafon.bg (Bulgarian DID); InterVoip.com