View Single Post
Old
  (#76)
bourbonkiller (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 23-06-2018, 13:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by kctopitz View Post
So Koko appears to be a Naka SIM (bottom of their website lists NAKA AG). There's a whole section on them at the prepaid data wiki, though it's not listed there. The most interesting within that family though is DrimSim, which has €0.01/MB data rates for Europe, the US, Australia and NZ, and lower rates than Koko for other countries I looked at. It's €10 for the SIM card delivered (no credit) vs. 20 Swiss Francs (€17.34 today) for the Koko SIM (no credit). Some of the screenshots of the DrimSim app show a top-up option of €10 which is nice.

One thing that's not clear is the phone numbers included with each. I think it's a UK Isle of Mann # for the DrimSim. GadgetKen, maybe you can answer what number came with your Koko SIM?
My phone number comes in the format +44 7937 XXXXX which should be Jersey Telekom. So it's Jersey not IoM. At the end, it will not differ much, as the numbers are higher priced then common UK mobile numbers. My VoIP provider local phone charges 13.9 Euro cent to call this number.

See my initial post in the new Koko Mobile thread, most of the NAKA brands offer several other mobile numbers from different countries. The German number issued to me comes in the format +49 1577 xxxx.

Mobiles: iPhone 7+, iPhone 7, iPhone SE, Blackberry Priv, Honor 8, Lumia 950
Prepaid-SIM: 3 UK, Save Money Sim, Toggle Mobile UK, XX-Sim, Koko Mobile