View Single Post
Old
  (#7)
mmastera (Offline)

Default 10-06-2007, 06:32

Thanks again money...

I can see how that would be helpful to maximize the 30 mins you get for your initial $1.15 or whatever the actual rate is...

Thanks again money...

I can see how that would be helpful to maximize the 30 mins you get for your initial $1.15 or whatever the actual rate is...

Regarding data, based on the data rates I don't want to be tethering my laptop unless I absolutely have to (I'll stick with the hotel wifi) but my Blackjack gets direct push email from my exchange server and I'd like to keep that working...I have changed my Activesync to download headers only to save on data transfer. I figure I can try to decipher the importance of incoming emails based on the subject and only download the full message for the ones that I think need my attention right away...anyway are you aware of any settings necessary on the phone to utilize GPRS or EDGE with a Movistar prepaid? For example here in the US with T-Mobile I have to create a GPRS connection profile with a APN name, etc..

Have any advice on where to get a Movistar card? It would be convenient if I could pick one up right at the Cancun airport...otherwise I'll have to figure it our once I reach the hotel and see what my transportation options are to get somewhere that sells them.

Thanks for all the help.

Last edited by mmastera; 10-06-2007 at 07:37.. Reason: forgot to ask a question