View Single Post
Old
  (#1)
mmastera (Offline)

Default Help with trip to Mexico (Cancun) - 05-06-2007, 17:00

Great forum, I've been learning alot...I've got a couple of questions about Mexico (Cancun) that' I'm sure you all can help me with...

I have T-Mobile in the US with an unlocked Blackjack. I'll be in Cancun for a week and need to be reachable while I'm there. I'd like to get a prepaid SIM when I arrive in Cancun but I'm not sure which company would be best for me. I have cheap calling (.06 - 0.10/min) from the US to Mexico and I plan to forward my US cell number to my office where I will route calls to my Mexican prepaid number to take advantage of these rates...so free incoming calls on the prepaid would be great. For calls to the US, I have callback capability so I can take advantage of these rates for "outgoing" calls to the US, but I'll still have to make the initial call to the US...Which company/plan will give me the best value for calling to the US?

Another side of this is that the hotel is supposed to have free wifi, but as a backup I'd like to be able to tether my laptop at EDGE speeds like I do here in the US.

I almost forgot coverage. We may move around a bit in Cancun but for the most part I'll need coverage while at the resort. I've checked the coverage maps for the carriers but I can't make sense of it since I don't know where anything is...maybe one of you do? I'll be at the Sun Palace, Blvd. Kukulcan KM. 20 Zona Hotelera, CancĂșn, Q.Roo 77500

Thanks for your help, I look forward to your suggestions.