View Single Post
Old
  (#10)
PhotoJim (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 01-12-2010, 15:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossman View Post
I will not call it crappy AT&T coverage. This certainly sounds like, as already mentioned, your phone is NOT quadband. It's missing the 850 band that AT&T uses heavily.

My experience with my supposedly quandband dual-sim chinese phone is that, ONLY sim slot 1 on my phone has the 850 band. The sim slot 2 almost always latches onto tmobile regardless of the sim I put in it. I tested it with a number of reaming sims I have. When I put my AT&T sim in it, there was barely any signal.
Interesting theory. I have the same four-SIM phone that gadgetken has, and I notice slots 3 and 4 seem to park on 1900 MHz whereas slots one and two park on 850 MHz. (I'm in Saskatchewan, Canada, and the only 2G coverage here is Rogers), so it's entirely possible that slots 3 and 4 in my phone lack 850 MHz. A person would have to go somewhere where a carrier has 850 MHz but no 1900 MHz coverage to know for sure.

CA: SaskTel, Wind postpaid; Rogers, Bell postpaid iPad flex plans; US: T-Mobile postpaid data, prepaid voice; PureTalk (AT&T MVNO) prepaid voice/data; AT&T prepaid iPad plan

Hardware: Too much but notably iPhone 5, iPad Mini Retina LTE, Moto G LTE (N.A. version), iPhone 4. All unlocked.