View Single Post
Old
  (#6)
mvnsnd (Offline)

Default 28-03-2006, 13:41

Go into your phone settings for SMS and change the gateway from ending in 77 to 55. That was the instructions that you were going to get in the SMS from GT -SIM.

To further see if it is a phone issue, send a sms to this number: +447624803766, (this is one of GT-SIM's SMS gateways) with the text in the message like this: *1*+xxxxxxx

Where the x's are the country code and number you want to call. Use the "star 1 star plus" as the prefix for the number. This instructs the gateway to call you back and connect to the number in the message. This is the information I was given to be able to use a phone that is not on their approved hardware list, the Ericsson t39m.

good luck!

Edit: I was also getting the same error you are with the restricted calling message. I thought I needed a password from GT-SIM to unlock (allow) outgoung calls. It appears that they do this on the SIM and then format and send a sms with the attempted number. Then the sms gateway calls you back and connects you with the number you tried to call.

--
Jeff