View Single Post
Old
  (#1)
Klaus Wegener (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 27-03-2006, 15:05

Hello,

meanwhile we are in end of March, GT-SIM is already out since November last year... I would like to take the opportunity to ask about your experiences with GT-SIM.

There is already a GT-SIM thread opened in this forum, but it's quite old, quite long and not always on-topic. So I decided to open a new thread, asking about your experiences with GT-SIM.

For me, I have to say that I cannot complain, incoming calls work fine (no CLIP yet, this is because for German subscribers, calls are routed through MCN Worldcom switch in Hamburg and there is still a SS7 patch missing, which should have been installed in February this year). As far as I remember, for UK subscribers, CLIP is working?

There was also a change when calling GT-SIM: in the beginning, caller heard a prompt "please wait, while we connect your call" and was already charged for this.

This changed, several months ago, and it seems, that calling GT-SIM is not charged anymore, when the subcriber does not answer.

In GT Web-Interface, there are also some improvements: mailbox can now be enabled and disabled online.

Outgoing calls are working fine. SMS works fine, but still not charged :wacko: :blink: - same to GPRS (where available). I can establish WAP connection, but no Internet IP-connection. GPRS seems not to be charged, either.

But as Germany is not a very "exotic" country, it would be interesting to know about experiences in countries more far away from Europe. Where have you guys already used your GT-SIM? How were your experiences? Has anybody travelled to "exotic countries" outside Europe, using GT-SIM? Asia? South Africa? Americas?

Thanks a lot and regards,
Klaus