View Single Post
Old
  (#16)
Evan (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 14-03-2011, 10:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobiashomer View Post
I have determined that Cosmote is good for 2G/3G coverage in the Ionian, but can I buy one of their data SIMs on the internet and activate at a point of sale in Greece? I will be away from large towns mostly but will pass through Corfu (on Easter Monday) and Preveza (on Sunday 1st May); otherwise can get to Lefkas/Nidhri. Grateful for any advice.
I forgot to add that I was for 3 weeks last year in Parga and Lefkada and traveled by the coastline in-between. Most of the cities and popular beaches have 3G coverage from all three operators or at least two of them. Outside of the cities or popular beaches the situation varies, with Cosmote and Vodafone providing 3G coverage, but not both of them at the same location.

In Lefkada, most of the western and southern part have 3G with all three operators. The eastern part (e.g. Nidri), Comote (and Vodafone) have 3G.

In Parga, all three have 3G. In Sivota, Vodafone and Wind.

From Parga to Preveza, Vodafone has 3G until the village called Vrachos if I remember correctly.

From Preveza to Lefkada is mainly Cosmote.

In general the 3G coverage varies due to the mountainous terrain. Of course, if you are traveling those places by boat, I suppose that you will have better 3G coverage at the sea than on the land.