View Single Post
Old
  (#12)
tux (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 17-04-2015, 23:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfbln View Post
- 1.) The 19.99 EUR fee for one month is added by a 10 EUR "maintenance fee" for the machine ?!? Is this machine made out of gold Does this apply to the 1-month SIM cards too or only to the contracts (forfaits). So simply, is the one month given out for 19.99 or 29.99 EUR in the end?
It's made of true 18k gold Anyway, it's 10€ for the sim card + 19.99€ for 1 month of contract. So it's 29.99€ for 1 month.

Quote:
- 2.) Free sells 3 GB of data on its own 3G and roaming on Orange. And if they detect a "compatible" 4G device, they give out 20 GB of data on their own 4G/LTE and 3G on Free and roaming on Orange.
Well, it's a slight difference whether you get 3 GB or 20 GB.
So to be precise, how does Free detect exactly what: a LTE enabled device on 2600 MHz?
I guess they check your IMEI, but I don't know really...

Quote:
They suppose to show which data allowance they give you in the user account. So this seems to be fixed then. How can one be sure (even having a 4G/LTE enabled device on 2600 MHz) to get the larger data allowance for instance if you happen to log in outside of Free's 4G zone?
The only way to know this is to check the MNC of the network you're currently on, because free tweaked the STK to make the phone recognise Orange network (208-01) as 'free' (so you can't avoid roaming). Free network code is 208-14/15.
If you happen to be outside Free's 4G network, but you're still on their own 3G network, provided that you're using a 4G phone, you still get
the 20GB bundle. Otherwise you'll get only 3GB.

Quote:
Sorry about all the questions, but I'm still trying to verify if Free is an option to replace JoeMobile ore not.
No problem