0700700 (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 12-02-2006, 04:32

i got my new RIIING card and have had some great time using it:

just some quick comments:

Countries

in the UK: no problem whatsoever, works on all 4 networks
in Greece: no problem whatsoever
in Bulgaria: works with M-tel, not with Globul, with Vivatel it registers but cant accept calls... Calls have to be initiated through the calling menu, otherwise it wont ring back

Phone tests *using what handsets i have for sale in the shop*

LG u8110: 100% functionality, sometimes the ring menu does not work

Nokia N70: 100% functionality
Nokia 8800: 100% functionality
Nokia 8910i :100% functionality but once reset itself when i tried the sim based calling menu

Sony Ericsson K750i: 100% functionality
Sony Ericsson w800i: 100% functionality
Sony Ericsson v600i: 100% functionality

Motrola V620: Only sim based calling menu works
Motorola V3: 100% functionality
Motorola V3i: had to resort to sim based calling menu, otherwise i got no ring back
Motrola V3X: Many problmes unless i set the Search for network to manual, it just keeps switching networks

NEC 343i : NO

In Bulgaria i got a german text saying : welcome to bulgaria, you can use GPRS (!!!!!!!) in the mtel network just as you do in Liechtenstein, also call voicemail on 69721 as you do back home :bye2:
very weird and confusing thing ?

Anyways what is quite interesting is that i have had some success in using 3g services (video calling) while in the UK... by forcing the motorola v3x to UMTS only mode i am able to choose only between the 5 UMTS networks with the following results

T-mobile: works but does not permit any video calls
O2: Does not register
Three: Does not register
Vodafone: Does not Register
Orange: WORKS and allows you to receive incoming 3g calls, the phone clearly indicating its in 3 mode.... I had some limited success receiveing video calls from the three network as there was no image... When i initiated a video call from the orange network i got ringing with the RIIING card, answered and lo and behold i got video, but it was really jerky

Obviously since the RIIING card does not support normal calling , video calls cannot be initiated from it :ranting2: