View Single Post
Old
  (#19)
andy (Offline)
Prepaid Prophet

Default 28-11-2005, 18:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEd
Of course, the user needs to confirm with theire respective operator - land line and mobile - what the costs and functionality they have when calling and Isle of Mann 07624 number.

RE your comment "To be fair though, even enquiries at Orange O2 and 3 have not been answered as clearly as possible. And I've since found one company that describes it as O2 and forwards to it at the same tariff (8.4p/min); their callback is interesting at 9.5p."

I am not sure if you are comparing the same product here. There is no call back charge.

Please show links to the O2 staements. I would be interested to see if this is indeed they same product.

As you have found, acsertaing rates from various providers is a challenging. If users of services/carriers like 18866, 1899 etc wish to check on rates to call the 07624 IOM number, they can directly with their provider.

Do not loose sight of the fact that this SIM is a new unique product and the savings are significant. Given other functionality, like conference calling, online call initation, call recording (via web interface), realtim online billing and many others, it is a better product than other "foreign global SIMs"
In view of statements that it has a UK number, and remarks were made about call diversion, I didn't think it was too ambitious to ask for the SIM suppliers (who might have actually used one, it is to be hoped) to clarify what direct and diversion tariffs to call the SIM might be, but it appears that will have to wait.

There are other global SIMs and of course local SIM use is possible. This card certainly has cheaper indigenous tariffs then the other multi-country ones - roughly on a par with local SIM and callback, but when compared with other global SIMs used with independent callback the field is more level - 12 or 14c vs 15 or 18c vs 9.5p.

Most of the other facilities you mention, and call diversion, are available from other companies if not the SIM suppliers.