View Single Post
Old
  (#24)
snidely (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 02-02-2009, 17:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Effendi View Post
I talked with Sven Donhuysen, CEO of United Mobile, and he confirmed me that UM won't focus on the +423 MVNO anymore in the near future and they will launch a new product in the next weeks.
Nothing will change for +423 customers but we'll know something more at the end of February.

That's all for now.
Did he confirm that UM (part or all) is for sale? Did he confirm the "deleted" email or did he say that it should not appear on a public site? It obviously has appeared on at least one public site.
I would assume that UM competitors are already making a sales pitch to UM customers (those that may be profitable). As someone else alluded to above, many of their 60,000 users might actually not generate enough revenue to even bring in enough money to cover maintenance costs.
I can understand that you don't want "private" emails posted. Your calling to verify the info was a good move.

I would assume something like the following would be ok:
"There have been unconfirmed postings on at least one internet site that UM, or part there of is for sale. UM is looking for a Feb 16 closing date and claims to have 60,000 customers" IOW posting the existence of such a document but not posting the actual document might be ok?

I wonder how many of us are still counted as customers who either haven't used it in months or generate only $50 or less in yearly income?

...mike

Make use of T-M's UMA/wifi free calling from any place in the world with access to wifi. I use an LG G6, wife an S7)
A/o Oct 20, 2013 no need for intl prepaid as T-Mobile U.S. includes voice roaming at 20ยข/min (in and out)., unlimited text (in and out), and unlimited data in 140+ countries.

My Plan -[6 lines] U.S. T-Mobile unlimited minutes (incoming and outgoing), unlimited text, fast data on each line. that $145/mo. total! . (In U.S. no surcharge for calling a cell.) If a line exceeds 2G of data in a month, pay $10 more for that line. [That only happens a couple times/year.