View Single Post
Old
  (#145)
snidely (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default Just got my Piranha SIM - 10-03-2013, 07:30

Shipped on Monday, arrived in California on Saturday. It took about 15-30 minutes for the SIM to first register.
Although our last trips the past couple years we've relied on having wifi at hotels and restaurants (Vietnam, Cambodia etc.) - we weren't sure we'd have universal wifi in China (never been there) and I have business needs that might not wait and wife has mother to deal with who is in a care home.
While I got it mainly to put in a dumb phone for phone calls, their data rates are quite reasonable at 47 cents per Meg. I'll use my Blackberry for email - unlimited at 67 cents/day.
My wife's ipad is locked, but I might take my Android Tablet.

Make use of T-M's UMA/wifi free calling from any place in the world with access to wifi. I use an LG G6, wife an S7)
A/o Oct 20, 2013 no need for intl prepaid as T-Mobile U.S. includes voice roaming at 20ยข/min (in and out)., unlimited text (in and out), and unlimited data in 140+ countries.

My Plan -[6 lines] U.S. T-Mobile unlimited minutes (incoming and outgoing), unlimited text, fast data on each line. that $145/mo. total! . (In U.S. no surcharge for calling a cell.) If a line exceeds 2G of data in a month, pay $10 more for that line. [That only happens a couple times/year.