View Single Post
Old
  (#5)
Evan (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 27-07-2010, 12:21

I would suggest not to rely completely on their answers regarding the 3G coverage. I sent the same request in all three companies, a couple of months ago regarding 4 locations in Greece. For 2 of the 4 locations, all three operators replied that there's no 3G coverage, and I had 3/5 to 5/5 3G signal with all three operators!

The best way to be sure is first to check for yourself if there's a good 3G coverage on your location and then to buy a prepaid card/plan from the operator that has the best signal. 3G signal is a wild beast and it can change a lot given the geomorphology of Greece.

Also, to my experience and that of many others, Vodafone provides absolutely the fastest 3G speed and latency (usually 2-7Mbps), then is Wind with (1-2Mbps on average) and last Cosmote (with 1Mbps). However, Cosmote provides the widest 3G coverage across Greece, however their speed suffers and could be as low as 20-30kbps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by italos View Post
ok great. Sounds like Wind is the best for coverage..

Do they have a package that includes a modem or do I need to buy one?

If so which USB modem should I purchase?

This is the only plan suitable for me that I can find?

>WIND ADSM CLOCK Data Plan

>Free hrs per Month Monthly Fee RA Cost per hr
>ADSM Clock 100 100 hrs 30 € 2 €

and how do I get access to this deal

>Unique summer offer from WIND Mobile Broadband: Mobile Broadband Internet only 10 € a month, forever!
The two plans you are quoting are not prepaid but postpaid with 12-24 months contract.

To check for the prepaid plans, you can have a look on my recent overview on the sticky thread about Greece on the top.

Last edited by Evan; 27-07-2010 at 12:28..