Thread: Toggle Mobile
View Single Post
Old
  (#432)
peterdoo (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 09-08-2014, 00:14

I do not know, whether you have tested Toggle already. As far as I understand, Toggle still charges 840 EUR per 1 GB data in Austria (0,67GBP/MB verifyed by me in june 2014). Data roaming packages do not apply to Austria. If you plan to use Toggle SIM only, you might soon change your mind

If you read reports from ChrisNeedsToKnow, who seems to often use it in the countries you mention, you will see that with the Toggle SIM a change between the countries is not always as smooth as one would expect. Also, having many identities on the SIM means that in the case of bad coverage, the phone has to circle through all of them, causing longer intervals without network coverage than using a normal SIM.

As I mentioned below, in the last months more and more often the call from a Toggle country is delivered without a caller number to the destination (EU mobile or fixed) and with a reduced voice quality (delay, noise, echo). This makes me impossible to reach many people that have a line configured in a way that does not accept anonymous calls. Due to the lower quality it takes longer to finish the discussions. Unfortunatelly the move towards a lower quality seems to be coming with the lower tariffs. I noticed it sometimes with Alditalk (4s delay).

And finally, all calls/SMS, it does not matter from which country, are delivered presenting the UK number to the destination. Many friends business partners hate me for that. Some of them returned me a call to that number instead of using my local Toggle number from their phone directory without thinking about it being an international call which does not enter into their monthly allowance. Extremelly high bills have been received on their end at the end of the month.

For somebody really only needing Toggle countries and taking precautions to avoid the possible problems mentioned, it still is a good offer. In my case of being in the Toggle countries mostly, but traveling also to non-Toggle countries (Austria, Italy,...) various days in a month, it simply makes more sense to use Alditalk DE, Orange ES or vodafone IT for data roaming.