Thread: Toggle Mobile
View Single Post
Old
  (#533)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 14-04-2016, 19:33

I'm in the US currently and incoming calls occassionally come with an incorrect caller ID where the international country code is simply omitted.
So a German number starting with +491573.... (a mobile number) turns into +1573... and so appears to be originating from Missouri, USA.
This issue has occured in the past but what's really interesting is what customer care say about it:

Quote:
Dear Inquisitor,

This email is being written with reference to the caller ID issue.

Further to your email, we would like to let you know that incoming calls may not be identified with the country code sometimes and this sort of connectivity changes can be discussed in a larger context however it is not an issue.

The Destination numbers mentioned on the email are the same.

+491573xxxxxxx
+1573xxxxxxx

Please feel free to contact us for any clarifications/assistance on 0207 132 2322 from any network or by dialling 322 from your toggle mobile; we are available from 08:00 – 20:00hrs GMT and 7 days a week. If you are abroad please call +44 7438 646322 and we will be happy to assist you.

Kind regards,
X
Toggle Mobile Customer Care
SIM cards for Travellers
Find more how to save on roaming costs at www.togglemobile.com
How can it not be an issue when I cannot distinguish which continent is a call coming from?

terminals: Samsung: Galaxy S5 DuoS (G900FD); BLU: Win HD LTE; Nokia: 1200; Asus: Fonepad 7 ME372CG; Huawei data: E3372, Vodafone R201, K3765, E1762;
postpaid: O2 on Business XL; prepaid: DE: Aldi Talk, Lidl; UK: 3; BG: MTel, vivacom; RU: MTS; RS: MTS; UAE: du Tourist SIM; INT'L: toggle mobile
VoIP: sipgate.de (German DID); sipgate.co.uk (British DID); ukddi.com (British DID); sipcall.ch (Swiss DID); megafon.bg (Bulgarian DID); InterVoip.com