View Single Post
Old
  (#11)
ticex (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 09-04-2006, 17:17

I suspect the previous posters were correct. I used to used my UM +423 sim in combination with an "07010" number from flextel in the UK which allowed forwarding for free to the UM number. The downside of this was outgoing CID was the +423 number (if I made calls from UM) and callers had to pay GBP 0.35/min from a landline 24/7. I have recently stopped using this as people had real problems dialing me from overseas (one was charged over EUR 2.00/min!) and a UK client who called me from his mobile was charged GBP 1.00/min for a 45 min call - this didn't go down too well as he suspected I was getting people to call me on a premium number that paid me commission! Needless to say I lost a sale.

In light of all this I decided to stop using it as it has obvious hidden costs and even sometimes didn't work 100%. I've since switched to a callkey sim which I pay to forward my VOIP landline to. This has "normal" low incoming costs (GBP 0.09/min) and seems to work well. The only downside is my previous setup provided incoming CID perfectly whereas the callkey doesn't but for me this is a minor issue.