View Single Post
Old
  (#3)
GadgetKen (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 23-06-2018, 13:53

In answer to @kctopitz in the Piranha thread, the Koko mobile sim I have uses JT (Jersey Telecom) as the background provider. Number begins with +44-7937 which is a Jersey mobile number.

Currently just using the Jersey number since most calls with this sim will be outgoing and adding a USA number would increase the USA incoming/outgoing voice call cost when the USA number is used (quoted as .09 CHF for the Jersey number and .16 CHF for a US number).

A local USA prepaid sim card I have (the AT&T MVNO called H2O) is normally used domestically at cheaper rates per minute for a domestic call (.09 CHF for Koko versus .05 USD for H2O). But since the local sim is USA only, I need Koko for international travel.

Koko did ship my sim quickly. I put it in my dual sim phone and it is working normally in the USA as a 4G voice/text sim on AT&T. Calls are direct dial in the US but according to the Koko website may be via callback in some countries. A manual network search will show AT&T, T-Mobile, Sprint and Verizon but only connects to AT&T (which is fine for me). Not using it for data since I normally use one of three mifi data devices in a small belt pouch.

Will be in Bermuda for a week starting tomorrow and will report on how Koko works there. The two cellular carriers there are Digicel and CellOne.

Phones/Wireless Devices: Doogee S90, Isatphone Pro, Amazon Kindle 3G, SkyRoam MiFi device, Karma MiFi device, AT&T Liberate MiFi device
Sim Cards: T-Mobile (Mint), AT&T (Mifi device or Kindle), Koko
Satphone: InMarSat
Broadband US Wireless Data: AT&T postpaid, Sprint (Karma Mobility prepaid)
Broadband International Data: SkyRoam
VOIP: Skype

Last edited by GadgetKen; 23-06-2018 at 13:58..