View Single Post
Old
  (#1)
bourbonkiller (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default Koko Mobile / Naka - 23-06-2018, 12:38

I thought it's about time to start a new Thread for Koko Mobile / NAKA, as people do post in the "2017 Piranha Mobile" Thread about it.

As I am aware of, @GadgetKen already have such a SIM and I bought one too. The provider behind is NAKA AG, that also provides service for this Brands:
  • Swiss Mobile
    Lufthansa Mobile
    Cerafon

I came across this SIM card via a post on Teltarif.de (https://www.teltarif.de/naka-mobile-....html?page=all). Originally looked up cerafon because it's been mentioned by a member on the Austrian lteforum.at

The reason why I opted for Koko Mobile instead of another family brand of NAKA is quite simple. I stay in Switzerland and Koko Mobile has a special price band for calls in and from Switzerland, CHF 0.08, where the other cards charge about 15 Eurocents. Also on Koko the EU data packages apply, where the other family brand mostly doesn't include Switzerland in the EU data package.

Originally, the SIM comes with a UK format mobile number. It seems, that all Brands of NAKA give you the possibility to book additional country numbers, with Koko mobile, the first additional number is free of charge. In my case I have opted for a German mobile number. At the moment you can choose from the following countries: Germany, Netherlands, Spain, Poland, Switzerland (DID) and US. All mentioned but not the Swiss DID are mobile numbers and come with a special "local tariff set" that gives you better prices when roaming in these countries. Additional numbers can be booked monthly and cost 1 CHF monthly (after the first which is free) and can be deleted after each month.

Additional numbers are activated immediately and will work instantly after activation. You can set any of these activated numbers as sender number and even SMS sending and receiving works through this numbers. I noticed a slight lag when calling the German number, until it connects to the Koko phone line.

Out of curiosity to try, I booked a Swiss DID. The number is a landline from Zurich (+41 43 xxx) and is also activated immediately. This DID cost CHF 5 per month and can also be set as Caller ID. Haven't tried SMS yet, but do think it will not work, as it is a landline number. There is no lag, if you call the landline number, the phone rings instantly. All call forwarding from DID to SIM are covered with the monthly price of CHF 5, no incoming charge like with some Estonian SIM cards. As roaming prices for Swiss mobiles still exists with Europe and are partially sky high, this is a excellent feature. Landlines are commonly reachable for around 0.01 to 0.03 Eurocent via VoIP and call forwarding from a Swiss mobile to a Swiss landline is mostly covered by national minutes.

There is a wide choice of monthly data packages (valid for 30 days):
  • EU 500 / 1000 / 2000 (CHF 8.00 / 14.90 / 28.90)
    World 1 400 / 800 / 1500 (CHF 10.90 / 19.90 / 36.90)
    World 2 400 / 800 / 1500 (CHF 19.90 / 37.90 / 69.90)

EU Package is valid in Belgien, Bulgarien, Czechia, Deutschland, Dänemark, Estland, Finnland, Frankreich, Griechenland, Irland, Island, Italien, Kroatien, Lettland, Liechtenstein, Litauen, Luxemburg, Malta, Niederlande, Norwegen, Polen, Portugal, Rumänien, Schweden, Schweiz, Slowakei, Slowenien, Spanien, Ungarn, Vereinigtes Königreich Großbritannien und Nordirland, Zypern, Österreich

World 1 covers: Albanien, Armenien, Aserbaidschan, Australien, Belgien, Brasilien, Bulgarien, Chile, China, Costa Rica, Czechia, Deutschland, Dänemark, Ecuador, El Salvador, Estland, Finnland, Frankreich, Georgien, Ghana, Griechenland, Guatemala, Hongkong, Irland, Israel, Italien, Japan, Kanada, Kasachstan, Kirgisistan, Kolumbien, Korea (Republic of), Kroatien, Lettland, Liechtenstein, Litauen, Luxemburg, Macedonia (the former Yugoslav Republic of), Malta, Montenegro, Neuseeland, Nicaragua, Niederlande, Norwegen, Panama, Polen, Portugal, Rumänien, Russische Föderation, Schweden, Schweiz, Serbien, Singapur, Slowakei, Slowenien, Spanien, Südafrika, Tadschikistan, Taiwan, Chinesische Provinz, Thailand, Türkei, Ukraine, Ungarn, Venezuela (Bolivarian Republic of), Vereinigte Staaten von Amerika, Vereinigtes Königreich Großbritannien und Nordirland, Zypern, Österreich

World 2 covers: Albanien, Anguilla, Antigua und Barbuda, Argentinien, Armenien, Aserbaidschan, Australien, Belgien, Brasilien, Bulgarien, Cayman-Inseln, Chile, China, Costa Rica, Czechia, Deutschland, Dominica, Dänemark, Ecuador, El Salvador, Estland, Finnland, Frankreich, Georgien, Ghana, Grenada, Griechenland, Guatemala, Hongkong, Indien, Irland, Israel, Italien, Japan, Jordanien, Kambodscha, Kanada, Kasachstan, Kirgisistan, Kolumbien, Korea (Republic of), Kroatien, Lettland, Liechtenstein, Litauen, Luxemburg, Macedonia (the former Yugoslav Republic of), Malta, Mexiko, Montenegro, Montserrat, Mosambik, Neuseeland, Nicaragua, Niederlande, Norwegen, Panama, Peru, Philippinen, Polen, Portugal, Rumänien, Russische Föderation, Saudi-Arabien, Schweden, Schweiz, Serbien, Singapur, Slowakei, Slowenien, Spanien, St. Kitts und Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent und die Grenadinen, Südafrika, Tadschikistan, Taiwan, Chinesische Provinz, Thailand, Turks- und Caicosinseln, Türkei, Ukraine, Ungarn, Uruguay, Venezuela (Bolivarian Republic of), Vereinigte Staaten von Amerika, Vereinigtes Königreich Großbritannien und Nordirland, Virgin Islands (British), Weißrussland, Zypern, Österreich

I must admit that I really thought about replacing my Toggle Mobile SIM with the Koko Mobile Sim. Calls might be slightly more expensive than with Toggle, but KOKO also has a forwarding option and far cheaper data then Toggle.

Website says that there is a VoIP feature via any SIP app or with their own App called Blab, but I was not successful with setting it up. All I get is a error message.

Bourbonkiller

Mobiles: iPhone 7+, iPhone 7, iPhone SE, Blackberry Priv, Honor 8, Lumia 950
Prepaid-SIM: 3 UK, Save Money Sim, Toggle Mobile UK, XX-Sim, Koko Mobile