Thread: WorldSim
View Single Post
Old
  (#11)
bbob (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 04-02-2011, 09:44

I also know that it may be misleading but we always advise to check the rates on our website and that's why we also have a Tariff Quick Finder.

We say "Be Local – FREE incoming calls in 90+ countries incl. USA & EU" but if you take it to the letter USA and EU are not countries.

I have to agree with 123456 Usa is a country and the Eu is not a country. EU does stand for a number of countries that are part of the EU. Europe is a continent and is different than EU. Fact is Bulgaria is part of the EU. Therefore your claim that calls are free to receive in the EU means they are free in all EU countries including Bulgaria.

Since Bulgaria is not free you can't claim free in in EU. You might want to change this to most of the EU instead of EU.

As for what you write about free incoming in the USa yes it does say that in the rate table. But what I just hate is that on the mainpage it reads:

Quote:
Also with two mobile numbers on one sim, a UK and a US number, WorldSIM customers travelling to the US can benefit from receiving free incoming calls, as well as making low cost local calls whilst in the US and internationally.
In 1 line I read 2 numbers, travelling to the USA and free incoming. This does give the impression of free incoming on both numbers as they are in the same line. Yes your rate table than tells something else but fact reamins you are giving a wrong impression.

This is like many companies that have unlimited plans and than in the small print it says fair use.

Quote:
At the moment we don't have a fair use policy but we are in the process of evaluating this subject, will be updated on the website as soon as we have it done.
Thank you for this answer and since your terms state you can change them and we have to accpet them this means that if I buy a card now and in 1 month's time you change to fair use (a term which can mean anything without being specific) your card might become worthless to me and some others. This happened to me using globalsimcard, bought one of their cards for my wife, I was using them for a year and than oeps they changed their terms. (now their database with my details even seemd to be hacked)

Please continue to evaluate this and once you know you are going to do the vague fair use please let us know. For your information ekit does not have one and yes you might have different rates but fairuse,is a no go for me and many others.

1 Other point I could not find is, is there a yearly cost to keep the card or do we have to make a call every x month.