View Single Post
Old
  (#10)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 01-08-2010, 09:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzie1955 View Post
I don't understand enough about all this to know why (with Vodafone) I could only get e-mail with WebSessions.
Except for WebSessions all other data options of Vodafone require a proxy-server being used, through which all data traffic must pass. Since Vodafone want to charge more for full internet access, they have blocked any service except for mere web browsing on that proxy-server. So if you want full internet access including eMail you are forced to subscribe to the more expensive WebSessions.

Quote:
If I opted for the Fonic card instead would this also be the case? Would I be able to surf the web but not get e-mail?
No, in contrast to Vodafone Fonic offer unrestricted internet access for all their data options. That's the case for their "Internet-Tagesflatrate" (daily flatrate for € 2.50) as well as for their "Handy-Internet-Paket" (montly flatrate for € 9.95).
If you want to use the daily flatrate you need to contact customer care and ask them explicitly to switch your data tariff to the "Internet-Tagesflatrate" since by default Fonic charge data volume-based with € 0.24 per megabyte.
If you chose the monthly flatrate just send a text message containing START HANDYINTERNET from your handset to 36642. Since the monthly flatrate is automatically recurring (as far as enough credit is left to cover the cost of € 9.95) you might want to cancel your subscription at some time by sending STOPP HANDYINTERNET 36642.

terminals: Samsung: Galaxy S5 DuoS (G900FD); BLU: Win HD LTE; Nokia: 1200; Asus: Fonepad 7 ME372CG; Huawei data: E3372, Vodafone R201, K3765, E1762;
postpaid: O2 on Business XL; prepaid: DE: Aldi Talk, Lidl; UK: 3; BG: MTel, vivacom; RU: MTS; RS: MTS; UAE: du Tourist SIM; INT'L: toggle mobile
VoIP: sipgate.de (German DID); sipgate.co.uk (British DID); ukddi.com (British DID); sipcall.ch (Swiss DID); megafon.bg (Bulgarian DID); InterVoip.com

Last edited by inquisitor; 01-08-2010 at 10:18..