View Single Post
Old
  (#9)
kimdo (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 16-01-2012, 00:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
I think it will just work, without any specific activation needed.

I got a 3 zero-rental contract SIM a few months ago, and it just worked when put in a phone, as did the previous contract one and a prepaid one

Most UK SIMs are like that, though for Orange you need to phone up, and for giffgaff activate online using a code printed on the SIM

In fact I'd suggest if it's a 3 SIM intended as a data SIM in a dongle, and comes with with an already prepaid bundle of data for a month, these say the time starts automatically from the first use, so I think I'd avoid using it abroad before arrival.

On the other hand, with others you add a bundle when you want, and to do this online it would be done by starting an account on the website. The 3 mobile website is free to browse from the phone, and you can do it all on there if you want. However, the only time I've added a data bundle (to a different SIM) I did it by calling them.

There is something I remember about adding payment card though on the website, I think it needs doing a few days on advance, but I believe they may not accept foreign debit and credit cards, so you'd probably just use a voucher from a shop.
Hi Andy,
Thanks for for information.
I will ask for help fom my friend, who will travel UK in Easter. He will bought me a 3 Mobile Broadband 3G SIM (1 month). I have sent email to three.co.uk for query, still waiting for their reply.