View Single Post
Old
  (#276)
HappyCamp (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 09-09-2013, 04:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogduck View Post
Hi, I had a read through one of the lengthy posts previously about the roaming indicator and wasn't sure if it answered my issue or not so I figured I might as well ask again.

Currently I have a toggle sim in Australia, using a registered local toggle number for Australia. I am calling and receiving calls alright on both the UK and Australian numbers but it has the Roaming indicator on my reception bars. For data, do I need to turn on data roaming to get the toggle rates or does it need to show a local 2G/3G/H symbol to get the toggle rates?

The phone is an android phone HTC Desire HD running on 2.3.7 gingerbread if that helps.

Thanks!

edit: I have manually set the IMSI to Australia and also have manually entered the APN for toggle at data.lycamobile.co.uk
Uh, why don't you test it and tell us

Turn it on, check your email or something else. Turn it off. Then go check and see what you get charged on the site.

I'd be interested in knowing. My guess is that as long as the IMSI has been set to the local number the data should be on the local rate.

T-Mobile $30 "Wal-mart plan". Unlimited data & text. 100 voice minutes per month.

Europe 2013 vacation:
Piranha-Mobile and Truphone plus the following
AT: T-Mobile, CZ: Tesco Mobile, DE: Lidl & Toggle Mobile, DK: Telia & Toggle Mobile, ES: Toggle Mobile, FR: Orange & Toggle Mobile, HU: T-Mobile, SE: Telenor & Toggle Mobile