View Single Post
Old
  (#5)
ecsqatar (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default Don't buy Worldsim - 08-11-2011, 14:20

I have bought a worldsim card from Gitex Dubai Exhibition for around 100$, the guy selling the sim has told us alot stories about the features their sim have which was all fraud.
The guy assured us that at the moment there are two numbers available (Uk & USA) but later it will have alot countries .I know about the smartness of such sellers but a friend of mine asked me to check their service as well.
So i bought the sim ,today after so many days of purchase i saw the sim in my exhibition bag.I though of giving it a try and i put the sim in my galaxy tab and i got the sms of the number which looked very professional but later when i called the number i got charged for listening to voice mail ivr (although phone was on.) i reached their web site and asked them how to get my usa number ,as i took the sim only for usa number , the guy told me how to activate it , again very impressive sms got.
The climax came when i made a call to usa number and received the call for 10 secs , call was charged .26c (one dirham in local currecncy) which is much higher then if i bring indian sim to uae . i reached back to web site and support and asked them why it happened after all these claims , then he gave me a story of zones that if you are in zone # 007 then your call will be free or else we will charge you this much , i tried to convince him that you are doing cheating but he said we cannot do anything .
To cut a long story short i am asking anyone who is planning to get a sim from them be sure he do not get cheated by them and i will make sure that these guys do not show up in any international exhibition or atleast not in UAE.