View Single Post
Old
  (#6)
Sebastian (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default Nice - 25-10-2007, 14:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbob View Post
Yes called id works for outgoing calls, that said the caller will see the +354-38xxx number.
Ah, very well, then. That solves the pain I was having with IoM card, so I ended up carrying two cellphones: a regular T-mobile used to initiate the callback since it gives the caller ID, and the IoM to receive the callback itself.

So, all in all, this looks like a very decent offer. If you don't mind giving up your airtime credit you can be called on the (landline) DID, otherwise +354 mobiles can be reached via webcalldirect.com for 11 ct/min (source: http://backsla.sh/betamax ; however not all services support SIP calls).

NB, at one point in time I was also using some homebrewed solutions for a "dialtone" callback, ie. you call a number, your service calls you back giving you the dialtone to dial out. However, I haven't found the DTMF to be reliable enough and it was sort of frustrating "now it works now it doesn't" experience. So eventually I gave up and took 20-odd Italian DIDs at www.euteliavoip.com for free, and registered them through an asterisk instance on a dedicated box. Since 99% of time I call a well-known set of numbers (family, office, friends), I have 1-1 mapping between an Italian DID and the number I want to call to. Asterisk responds with "Busy" command to all incoming calls and triggers the callback via one of the betamax services Web interface.