View Single Post
Old
  (#10)
petkow (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 10-03-2008, 18:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by saren View Post
When ASDA says the rate will be halved, is that calculated per day or per call?
I can't understand this question. It's all on the site anyhow! If you call person A for 2 mins. This call will cost you 2x16p = 32p. If you then call person B for 2 mins. This call will cost you 16p + 8p =24 mins. If you then make any other call for 10 mins that call will cost you 80p.

Quote:
How do I compare the best global SIM vs. local SIMS (in each country) for the type of calls I plan on making. What's the deciding factor?
Deciding factors: Price, card validity, incoming calls free in which country etc. It's all here on the site. You'll have to look for it a bit first or I could write volumes. Just remember though you say incoming doesn't bother you, in most cases calls are made via a callback mechanism.

Even if not considering a Global SIM, with roaming with a normal local SIM is fairly cheap these days. e.g. UK o2 MyEuropeExtra calls are 25p/min from anywhere and to anywhere in Europe.

Quote:
Asda for example is really cheap per minute, and the SIM itself is almost free (so it sounds perfect). If it's possible to find ASDA equivalents in most countries around the world, then what's the point of purchasing a Global SIM (and its expensive per minute rates)?
Well that's what I said initially. Thats definately what I would do. Prepaid SIM packs are dirt cheap or even free pretty much anywhere these days (well apart from the Americas).

Quote:
As for ebay, I have never used it (so it may be complicated for me and I don't have a physical address (that doesn't change every month)...
As you say!
Quote:
By the way, what's flog?
Sell