View Single Post
Old
  (#10)
PhotoJim (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 10-02-2007, 16:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu View Post
As an American who just had to have more passport pages glued into his passport I resent the implication that we are all provincial Bafoons. Unfortunately, however, I have met some Americans who have led credence to this story. My wife was working on helping one of her organizations setup up a conference in Canada and some of the e-mails they received were a stitch. My favorite were the ones about whether they needed to only drink bottled water, avoid salads, and soft shelled fruits when dining in Toronto.
There are idiots in every country, I assure you.

Seeing the American Idol contestant that thought Simon Cowell was from France didn't help Americans' case.

I assure you I know a lot of Americans who are very worldly and know a lot about other parts of the world. However, the vast majority of Americans to whom I have talked have never been to Canada. Conversely, the vast majority of Canadians to whom i have talked have been to the US several times, and that is what I base my comment upon.

Americans generally think they live in the greatest country in the world, and a large number feel there is no reason to leave, and act accordingly. I think I live in the greatest country in the world, but desire deeply to see the rest of it. I bet you're in the latter category.

CA: SaskTel, Wind postpaid; Rogers, Bell postpaid iPad flex plans; US: T-Mobile postpaid data, prepaid voice; PureTalk (AT&T MVNO) prepaid voice/data; AT&T prepaid iPad plan

Hardware: Too much but notably iPhone 5, iPad Mini Retina LTE, Moto G LTE (N.A. version), iPhone 4. All unlocked.