(#22)
GadgetKen (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 16-02-2006, 22:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy
Our website and UPS could technically allow anyone almost anywhere to
purchase our products and have them shipped to them - but our SIM cards only
work with Cingular's North American GSM network.

Thank you for contacting Beyond GSM!
Based on the response I think they are politely discouraging non-US orders(maybe they got burned in the past on international orders). You could still get an Oxygen, Locus or Callplus sim card from the ecallplus website Ecallplus Link that would work on the same Cingular network. From the order form page on the ecallplus website, they apparently have no problems in accepting foreign orders (plus they include international long distance to many countries).

Very good chart that someone came up with on major US prepaid plans that include coverage in the Northeastern US: Cell Guru Prepaid chart

Based on my needs, I went with Beyond GSM, because they can activate a local US number for me that ecallplus can not(trying to avoid having family members dial long distance to reach me for domestic phone calls), their rates are slightly lower, and their minimum usage per month is slightly lower. I'll see if it's as good as it sounds when I get my sim from Beyond GSM.

Phones/Wireless Devices: Doogee S90, Isatphone Pro, Amazon Kindle 3G, SkyRoam MiFi device, Karma MiFi device, AT&T Liberate MiFi device
Sim Cards: T-Mobile (Mint), AT&T (Mifi device or Kindle), Koko
Satphone: InMarSat
Broadband US Wireless Data: AT&T postpaid, Sprint (Karma Mobility prepaid)
Broadband International Data: SkyRoam
VOIP: Skype