View Single Post
Old
  (#1)
mrbarlow (Offline)
Advanced Member

Question Spain in 2008: best SIM for a 10-14 day stay? - 04-01-2008, 11:57

Although nothing is booked thus far for 2008, I am hoping to make it a year of plentiful trips; one of which being a visit to Spain to see family in Barcelona and Sevilla.

The last time I was there (September 2005) was prior to me knowing about this great site. Consequently I just waded into the first phone shop I came to (Vodafone) on my first morning there and bought a SIM with some credit for €20 (from what I can remember).

I had no problems and everything worked ok although my credit ran to virtually nothing after the first week of two, so I'm pretty sure I didn't take the best option!

So, I am wondering what would be the best option this time?

I'm interested in Yoigo mainly because there's a good chance I may need to use a little data and because it already has €20 of credit. Having said that, data is not the main priority and from I can see from the information in the National Operators section, some of the new MVNOs look like they have quite good rates.

I'd be delighted to receive advice from anyone here that either lives in Spain or has knowledge/experience of the various operators/offers.