View Single Post
Old
  (#6)
snidely (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 28-01-2010, 17:30

I don't have att (don't want to pay their rates, which in general, are much higher than T-Mobile.) That said, a friend w. an individual line just got that plan this past month with the billing code as shown in a post above. He, and others on the Howardforums.com site have said that you have to commit to ONE year and get the plan by asking 611 to tsfr. you to the "International Desk". Is it possible my friend is considered a business customer? I don't know the billing name on his acct. It could be in the name of his home based business.
My friend has an iphone. I am not clear whether this plan is available on other smart phones like the BB. So far, everyone who has commented on this plan has an iphone.

Question: Assuming this plan can be had, couldn't someone w. more knowledge than I simply place "free" voice calls using the unlimited data connection? Using Skype? Google Voice?

Example of att "negative" practice. The latest version (Nov. 2009) of the Blackberry desktop Manager (ver. 5.0.1) has an icon on the main screen that lets you tether your BB yo your computer simply by clicking on the icon. ATT has tried to criple this function by making the icon disappear when you plug in your att Blackberry. It works perfectly for users on other systems in the U.S.

...mike

Make use of T-M's UMA/wifi free calling from any place in the world with access to wifi. I use an LG G6, wife an S7)
A/o Oct 20, 2013 no need for intl prepaid as T-Mobile U.S. includes voice roaming at 20ยข/min (in and out)., unlimited text (in and out), and unlimited data in 140+ countries.

My Plan -[6 lines] U.S. T-Mobile unlimited minutes (incoming and outgoing), unlimited text, fast data on each line. that $145/mo. total! . (In U.S. no surcharge for calling a cell.) If a line exceeds 2G of data in a month, pay $10 more for that line. [That only happens a couple times/year.