View Single Post
Old
  (#6)
wolfbln (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 15-06-2015, 14:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggking7 View Post
Hard to say whether your English is weak or your Spanish (or both). But don't feel bad, I'm sure your German is excellent.
I agree with your Spanish: data or volume does NOT roll over on Yoigo. I haven't noticed the word "NO".

Sorry, but I can't agree with your English. You specifically asked for a refill of your (data) package ahead of time = before the running time of the original package was over.

Just for definition: a refill is filling up data (or other allowances) in packages which have been used up to give you more or extra volume. OK?

In Europe at least, this can be archieved by two different ways:
(1) the operator lets you buy another (base) package ahead of time. Then you'll have the new allowance for the running time of the new package.
(2) the operator lets you buy add-ons, sometimes called boosters or otherwise, to add a certain allowance/volume to your base pack. [A base package is what you can call a monthly plan in the US - but in Europe plan is normally not used for prepaid. Here the monthly base rate on prepaid is seen as a package too.]

Both ways I consider as "refills". You only consider (1) to be a refill. I can't go with that. Option 2 meets the definition of a refill too and serves your needs as well.

Option (1) is really rare in Europe for a simple reason. Most packages have now combined data/voice/text allowances. Starting a new package ahead of time means that the other allowances will be lost as they don't roll over. This is legally very tricky. So you'll find (1) only on data-only plans or data-only packages.

Tuenti, by the way, offers you add-ons (option 2), not to buy a new base pack ahead of time, because it includes "VOZDigital". When you have used up 80% (or something like this) of your data volume, Tuenti offers you "extra bonos" for a different price and volume.

The main disadvantage of option (2) applies to Tuenti too: All add-ons (in volume) refer to the original running time of the base pack. They don't extend the time frame. Or in other words, you will loose the rest of your added allowance when the running time of the original package is over.

The only prepaid operator in Spain who lets you buy a new (base) pack ahead of time (option 1) is Hits mobile as far as I know. But there may be others.

Last edited by wolfbln; 15-06-2015 at 14:27..