View Single Post
Old
  (#2)
wolfbln (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default EU Roaming with Vodafone Ireland - 25-01-2015, 08:26

Hi. I'm constantly updating the prepaid-data-sim WIKI with new offers for EU roaming. http://prepaid-data-sim-card.wikia.c...European_UnionThis forum helped me a lot so far.

Unfortunately, good offers are still scarce for EU roaming cards. The phone companies seem to be pretty sure, that EU roaming charges will no be terminated by law. I think Vodafone Ireland has now the best EU roaming offer from any Vodafone network in Europe: 2.99 € for 200 MB per day. A bit inflexible and only on Vodafone networks, but including Switzerland and Turkey.

They are already sold on Ebay "as best EU roaming" and I will try it soon. May be someone one on this forum has the SIM and give some advice:
- You have to activate the "RED Roaming" by texting RED to 50020. Can this be done already on a roaming network or do you have to be on Vodafone Ireland for it?
- How do you top up VF Ireland SIM cards. The dealers on Ebay say online with Debit/Credit Cards like VISA and Master. Do they accept international cards or only Irish (like in the UK)?
- What is a "day" for Vodafone? 24 hours after first data connection or midnight to midnight on a calender day?
- Any termination of service known? Quote T&Cs: To avail of RED Roaming, pay as you go customers must be active on the Vodafone Ireland network during the previous three months. Customers who do not have ongoing usage on the Vodafone Ireland network will be deemed to be in breach of these terms and will result in removal of RED Roaming from their account and/or termination of service at Vodafone’s discretion.

If you know more, please share your experience with us.

Last edited by wolfbln; 25-01-2015 at 08:36..