View Single Post
Old
  (#1)
RN7 (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default Vodaphone PAYG Card - 19-07-2014, 12:30

I bought a Vodafone “CallYa Smartphone Fun 15” card (but nearly didn’t because its absurd name made me want to throw up) for just under 20€. This gives 100 minutes at the Allnet rate, SMS at Flat Allnet and Internet-Flat. I had considered the Aldi card but was put off because I need a nano card and would have had to send away for exchange the SIM that you get in an Aldi supermarket.

As far as I am concerned, the best thing about the Vodafone card is its validity (Laufzeit) of one year. I’ve come from France, where I’m totally p****d off with providers that offer a measly period of validity.

You need to show ID (passport, ID card etc) and also give an address in Germany. I have the latter but as a matter of interest I was not asked to produce a utility bill.

I’d mislaid the pokey thing that you need to open the drawer in the iPhone but the shop assistant was helpful and swapped the cards for me there and then. She also pointed out that the removed French card should be stuck to a piece of paper with Sellotape in case the circuitry on its business side gets scratched.

The card was activated within an hour and can be topped up online.

RN7