View Single Post
Old
  (#7)
snidely (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 11-03-2007, 06:36

I see this is an old thread, but thought I would jump in.

Both Cingular (at 2.99 or 1.99 depending on plan) and U.S. T-Mobile (at $4.99!) list Ecuador. TravelSIM and United Mobile don't list Equador but CelTrek does at 1.39 incoming and 1.49 outgoing.

Costa Rica (where I've been several times) still has TDMA and finally got GSM less than 2 years ago. They have no prepaid. Coverage is not quite identical on the two systems (government run). There are a few areas where you think there would be service and there isn't. Once in a while you'll find people standing near each other after driving up to a spot on a hill to pick up signal. Overall, tho, coverage is sufficient and there is signal in some fairly obscure areas.
Cingular charges 2.29-1.99 and T-M charges 1.99. TravSIM has no service in C.R. United Mobile charges 19 cents incoming and 99 cents outgoing. CelTrek charges 19 cents incoming and 29 cents outgoing.
As mentioned above, Costa Rica is a GSM 1800 only country. No other GSM band.

As mentioned in another thread in which i've listed the roaming rates for 3 intl. cards and the 2 U.S. GSM carriers in over 190 countries does not include any Manx carrier because I can't find a complete listing on a page. You have to laboriously enter each country on the various Manx web sites. If anyone has a place to find an easy to use rate sheet for any Manx carrier, let me know.
I have asked the moderator to let me post this complete chart altho it exceeds the limits for uploads by 4K.

...mike

Make use of T-M's UMA/wifi free calling from any place in the world with access to wifi. I use an LG G6, wife an S7)
A/o Oct 20, 2013 no need for intl prepaid as T-Mobile U.S. includes voice roaming at 20ยข/min (in and out)., unlimited text (in and out), and unlimited data in 140+ countries.

My Plan -[6 lines] U.S. T-Mobile unlimited minutes (incoming and outgoing), unlimited text, fast data on each line. that $145/mo. total! . (In U.S. no surcharge for calling a cell.) If a line exceeds 2G of data in a month, pay $10 more for that line. [That only happens a couple times/year.