Thread: Toggle Mobile
View Single Post
Old
  (#302)
HappyCamp (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 13-09-2013, 04:46

My initial feedback on Toggle Mobile:

I arrived in Amsterdam and was there for about an hour. And then flew to Copenhagen.

I used the SIM Toolkit Menu to set it manually to the country I am in. As a note on Android 4.3 (and maybe earlier) you need to assign a PIN to your SIM card in order for the SIM Toolkit Menu to show up in your program list.

Making calls has worked just fine.

Data did not work out of the box in the Netherlands or Denmark. But once I configured the APN information on my Android Nexus 4 it worked just fine.
  • APN: data.lycamobile.co.uk
  • Username: lmuk
  • Password: plus

Calls to my US Toggle # are very unreliable. The phone will show a ring and then stop ringing or not even ring in my testing. But calling my Denmark # works just fine. I noticed this before I left the US also. So I have ended up switching Google Voice to call Localphone.com which forwards to my Denmark number at a cost of 2.9 cents/minute. We have two Toggle Mobile cards and they both are experiencing this issue (one iPhone and one Android).

T-Mobile $30 "Wal-mart plan". Unlimited data & text. 100 voice minutes per month.

Europe 2013 vacation:
Piranha-Mobile and Truphone plus the following
AT: T-Mobile, CZ: Tesco Mobile, DE: Lidl & Toggle Mobile, DK: Telia & Toggle Mobile, ES: Toggle Mobile, FR: Orange & Toggle Mobile, HU: T-Mobile, SE: Telenor & Toggle Mobile