Thread: Toggle Mobile
View Single Post
Old
  (#10)
f1photos (Offline)

Cool data issues - 22-06-2012, 18:11

I took the plunge and got a uk toggle sim a few days ago. I added a Spanish & Swiss number to the card which was straightforward. They expire after 30 days, unless I pay £5 a year to keep them.

I'm now in Spain and the local number works as does everything else apart from data. I verified the settings with CS yesterday, but still no data. As i'm at the F1 here I decided to go and bang on the door of the Telefonica/Movistar mobile network control van at the track and see if they had any ideas. The guys knew immediately what the problem was, but to verify they stuck the SIM into their network kit. The upshot is that Toggle/Lyca haven't turned on data roaming. I called CS again and they say they have no option to turn on data roaming. Tried to get transferred to somebody who knew what they were talking about, but 'sorry that's not possible'. My new best friends at Telefonica (I took them beer) are going to raise this with Lyca/Toggle in Spain and see if they can get something done from this end.

So the upshot is I still have no data, but I do know what the problem is.